Special issue of eLearning Papers with the title Game-Based Learning: new practices, new classrooms, by guest editor Maja Pivec, features 9 articles reporting on research results and on-going projects in this area.
The new issue provides four in depth insights on the topic and the other five are examples from the field of the implementation of games in education.
Follow the link to the eLearning Papers nº 25.
In parallel to this issue there are also a moderated community activities. Join the community here.
- The Language Campus: Role-Play in an e-Learning Environment, by Paul Pivec, Deakin University
- Developing Serious Games: from Face-to-Face to a Computer-based Modality, by Ariadna Padrós, Margarida Romero and Mireia Usart, ESADE
- Delve into the Deep: Learning Potential in Metaverses and 3D Worlds, by Mercedes Gisbert Cervera, Vanessa Esteve Gonzalez and Maria del Mar Camacho Marti, Rovira i Virgili University
- EnerCities, a Serious Game to Stimulate Sustainability and Energy Conservation: Preliminary Results, by Erik Knol, Qeam BV and Peter W. De Vries, University of Twente
From the field articles:
- AVATAR – The Course: Recommendations for Using 3D Virtual Environments for Teaching, by Maja Pivec, Information Design, FH JOANNEUM. Cristina Stefanelli, Consorzio FOR.COM. Inger-Marie F. Christensen, University of Southern Denmark. Jutta Pauschenwein, ZML – Innovative Learning Scenarios
- Serious Games and Formal and Informal Learning, by Aristidis Protopsaltis, Serious Games Institute. Lucia Pannese, Imaginary srl. Dimitra Pappa, NCSR Demokritos. Sonia Hetzner, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität
- Fingers on the Screen: Game-Based Learning for Students with Intellectual Disabilities, by Maria Saridaki and Constantinos Mourlas, University of Athens
- Envigame – Linking Environmental Education to ICT in Czech Primary Schools, by Barbora Štollová, Envigame project coordinator
- Engage Project: Sharing Experience from Game-Based Learning Dissemination Workshops, by José Luis Soler, Computer Science Engineer, Gisela Vidal, International Relations Department, Florida Centre de Formacio , Valencia (Spain)